Philippine Center for Advanced Maritime Simulation and Training (PHILCAMSAT) Privacy Statement
Why we collect personal information
Our objective in collecting our clients’ personally identifiable information is to enable customer data accuracy which supports ease for contacting and maintaining and updating training data records. In addition, PHILCAMSAT gathers information to process requirements of the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA), Belgian Maritime Inspectorate (BMI), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO), United Kingdom Merchant Navy Training Board (UKMNTB), and to ensure legitimacy of training.
Through PHILCAMSAT’s various customer engagement channels – company website, in person applications, research or survey participation, and others – our clients are given opportunities to engage in our company’s initiatives and have direct access to our people for updates, queries, and latest product offerings.
How we collect personal information
We collect information electronically through our company website (https://philcamsat.com.ph/), Contact Tracing and Health Vetting forms or feedback, or manually, when filling out forms necessary for registration.
Type of information collected
The information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Basic personal information (e.g. your name, date of birth, gender, address);
- Contact details (e.g. email address, mobile phone number, telephone number);
- Government Id’s (e.g. Passport, Seaman’s Book, SSS, Philhealth, TIN);
- Emergency Contact (e.g. contact person)
- Competency and Proficiency information;
- Training information;
- Medical Certificate;
- Photos; and
- Video recordings
How we protect your information
The confidentiality and security of your information is important to us. All information captured by PHILCAMSAT is stored securely at all times and will not be provided to any unauthorized third parties. We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- Securing your electronic information through a server protected by a firewall, encryption, and security controls;
- Restricting access to your information only to identified qualified and authorized personnel;
- Using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to establish an encryption link between a web server and a browser ensuring your information remains private and intact.
Access to your information
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records for verification or updating purposes, you may get in touch with our data privacy officer through the following email address: email@example.com
Revisions to policy
This policy is reviewed regularly and may be revised from time to time, as we may alter the way we use your information, new features are added to the site, or due to legislation changes.